STUDENT TOURS AND BSc(Eng) STUDENTS
Peralex is innovative, resourceful and progressive. Due to our team's unfailing commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction, we're a global market supplier to integrators of high-end embedded computer systems. We also pride ourselves on offering a work environment that nurtures talent and is very stimulating.
Peralex wants to meet you! we hold company tours for University Students.
If you're studying towards a BSc(Eng)(Elec) or equivalent BEng / BIng degree in Electrical/Electronic/Electrical and Computer Engineering, or a student following the Mechatronics program we would like to get in touch.
To find out more about Peralex, simply send us an email and we will arrange a visit where you'll meet our team, see exactly what we do, and what Peralex can offer you.
Please include in your email:
- A brief CV (no more than 2 pages)
- An academic record (in electronic format, as provided by your university)
BSc(Eng) STUDENT VACATION WORK
Peralex offers a limited number of positions to university students who require vacation work during the course of their BSc(Eng) degree in Electrical, or Electrical and Computer engineering (Information engineering at Wits).
We also consider students doing Mechatronics engineering at certain universities (UCT included).
These positions are available from November until the middle of February the next year. For the end of 2018, please see the details below.
- We currently offer positions to students who are in their third academic year, i.e. you should currently be doing mainly third year courses.
- Applicants must be studying for a BSc(Eng) / BEng / BIng in Electrical/Electronic/Electrical and Computer(Information)/Mechatronics Engineering.
- Applicants must average at least 65% in the courses already completed.
- Applicants must be reasonably proficient in C/C++ programming. You need not be an expert.
- Applicants must be prepared to be interviewed towards the end of September.
- You must be available to work for at least 6 weeks between mid November and mid February the following year.
APPLYING FOR VACATION WORK
If you satisfy the requirements listed opposite, email us for the end of 2018, the closing date for applications is 11 September 2018.
To make it easier and faster for us to process your application, please make sure your email includes the following:
- Your full name, phone number, and an email address that will be valid at least until the end of the academic year and one that you check daily during the week. We will communicate with you primarily by email. South African permanent residents and citizens should include their ID numbers.
- Your current university, degree course, and academic year, e.g. UCT, BSc(Eng)(Electrical and Computer), 3rd academic year. Please make it clear whether you are doing Electrical, Electrical and Computer, or Mechatronics engineering.
- Details of your nationality. In particular, are you are a permanent resident or citizen of South Africa?
- Whether you have a bursary that includes work commitments during or after the completion of your degree. (Yes or No)
- A short CV (no more than 2 pages), including your employment history, academic background (where, when, and what you have studied), your employment goals (what sort of work you would like to do on completion of your studies).
- A complete set of university academic results. Include marks obtained for all completed university courses, including courses failed. Results obtained for the current academic year, including courses completed in June, must also be included where available. Students should send the electronic results provided by the university where possible.
- Should you be selected, you will be working in Bergvliet, Cape Town. It will be your responsibility to organise transport and accommodation while working.
- We do not offer vacation work in June/July.
- CVs and academic records must be submitted in MS Office doc, OpenOffice/LibreOffice odt, or PDF format.
- Only email applications will be considered. Do not apply in person, by standard mail, by fax, or by telephone.
Selected applicants will be contacted towards the end of September to attend an interview.